Working across London, Bristol and Manchester we are currently working on a number of projects, each with a focus on giving more young people from disadvantaged areas access to sport:
- Active Women Project (in partnership with Sport England): recently completed, this project focused on increasing female participation in community sports.
- Ignite Programme (in partnership with The Peter Harrison Foundation): aiming to help mainstream sports clubs be more inclusive of young disabled people.
- Sport for Change Project (in partnership with Comic Relief): aiming to help young people develop and gain key life and employability skills through their community sports club.
- BMX Legacy Project (in partnership with local boroughs): aiming to create a fully equipped BMX club and track in each of the five London Olympic boroughs and beyond.
- Business Mentoring Project: aiming to enhance club development, impact and sustainability through matching teams of corporate mentors with community sports clubs.
- Sports M.A.T.E. (in partnership with Pro-Active East London): aiming to get more young disabled people accessing local mainstream sports opportunities through an innovative volunteer mentoring scheme.
- Doorstep Sports Club Trailblazer new to Access Sport this is a game changing pilot project bringing sport to young people